Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday feels like Tuesday.

So here's my method for writing a blog.  First, set up some kind of activity with the most feisty child you have.  Second, whilst that child naps in the afternoon go for a swim to calm down and think through the day.  Third, quickly type it up as fast as you can as any minute now he's going to wake up....

So far so good, or probably so far so mediocre!  My point is that we all find our coping strategies and mechanisms to get through it all.  And then there's some days that just exist to remind you that you're not that clever... and no matter how much you try, coping is the best you can manage.

1. This morning my lovely boys awoke just before 6am.  Why?  I don't know.
2. My laptop has decided to become more like a PC than a Mac, i.e. temperamental.  Apparently the hard disk needs repaired.
3. I noticed that one of the sprinklers was leaking at the valve, I'd 'fixed' it before just by tightening it and it seemed loose again....  Why I didn't predict what came next I don't know!  Damp shorts again, in fact pretty much damp everything.

The little guy's swimming lesson was just before his nap was due.  That didn't help his mood. The nice girl in the swim school office could hear his screams today and chuckled as I booked him in for next week.  I even tried to record the screams to post later, but my Blackberry crashed with the sensory onslaught - not joking!

I'm now off to a hardware store to buy a rather specific 1" bit of plastic tubing adapter, I'll bet I have to but four different types to be sure I get the right one.

There's no day camps next week, I'm going to have both my boys to entertain and keep safe.  So should be fun....

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oy... The thing about blogging, or tweeting - or any number of "fun" activities that have nothing to do with gadgets or Interwhatevers - is that they start out as ways for people cope with Real Life, and then they take on a life of their own. Then you have to cope with them on top of all the other stuff. Which is not necessarily a fatal flaw, but you have to be careful not to grab that life preserver too hard, lest it burst and you discover which creek it is you're in without a paddle on a Tuesday. [end pompous words of wisdom.] This is of course, easier said than done.

    [Oh good, just in time for an awkward change of subject to gadgetry.]

    Re: Blackberry: had a similar experience recently: Was trying to listen to a rather dense and stressful voicemail someone had left, and poof! How can you be mad at a device with such a delightful sense of dark irony? [Geeky aside: if you didn't do a battery pull already, it seems to have done the trick for me. Apparently the keyboard reboots really aren't as good for problems like that.]

    Hope y'all have a nice weekend, and don't get freaked out by all those books in the background that have no words on them, as if they're from some chilling Orwellian dystopia, which.... AUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete